Asylum Index du Forum
FAQ
Membres
Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés
Connexion

S’enregistrer

Autobiography Of Stephen A Douglas Reprinted From The Jou

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Asylum Index du Forum -> Ambassade Asy -> Relation diplomatique
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
uryaleis
En visite chez les fous

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Juil - 06:43 (2017)    Sujet du message: Autobiography Of Stephen A Douglas Reprinted From The Jou Répondre en citant

Excerpt from Autobiography of Stephen A. Douglas: Reprinted From the Journal of the Illinois Stat Historical Society, October, 1912

While collecting material for a biographical study of Stephen Arnold Douglas, Judge Robert M. Douglas of North Carolina, a son, kindly loaned me this little autobiography. Added to the story as told me personally by the late Colonel John Dement and the sketch published years ago in Harper's Monthly Magazine by Daniel Roberts, we now are enabled for the first time to secure a correct knowledge of the early life of Douglas.

When Stephen A. Douglas kissed his mother good bye at the home stead gate near Canandaigua, New York, her last inquiry was: And when shall you come home to visit us, my son? On my way to Con gress, mother, he answered. And so the first visit was to be made ten years afterwards, almost to a day. Douglas started westward deter mined to make for himself a political career. Just what point he should seek was undetermined; so at Cleveland, he tarried with relatives for the purpose of getting his bearings. Withthe personal manipulation of those bearings, Douglas had so little to do that it might be said be literally drifted until circumstances, of them propitious, landed him, sick, footsore from his ten mile walk from Exeter, at the end of a raw day of November, in the little village of Winchester, then in the county of Morgan, in the State of Illinois.

About the Publisher

Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com

This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art technology to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.

Details:
price: $21.95
bound: 58 pages
publisher: Forgotten Books (May 10, 2017)
lang: English
asin:
isbn: 1330189930, 978-1330189931,
weight: 3.2 ounces (
filesize:

Autobiography of Stephen A. Douglas: Reprinted From the Journal of the Illinois Stat Historical Society, October, 1912 (Classic Reprint) Frank E. Stevens
Autobiography of Stephen A. Douglas: Reprinted From the Journal of the Illinois Stat Historical Society, October, 1912 (Classic Reprint) book for android

English Studies Year Book, 1928: Published by the Senior Class of Salem Normal School, Salem Massachusetts (Classic Reprint) (AprUTHistoric 4, January, 1933"Tales of the Grotesque and Arabesque." Specimens of Newspaper Literature, Vol. 1: With Personal Memoirs, Anecdotes, and Reminiscences (Classic Reprint) and Mine: The CF&I in the Twentieth CenturyGodwin: Memoirs From My Outhouse!: "So, Ya Wanna Be a Drunk Driver When You Grow Up?" (Mamoirs From My Outhouse!) (Volume 3) GodwinKerby Foundation“Lincoln and the Bible.” School Series of Moral Education“Abraham Lincoln and Quinn Harrison.” By Edward MThis sermon was broadcast by Station WCAP through the courtesy of the Proceedings of the Massachusetts Historical Society, 1908, 1909, Vol. 2 (Classic Reprint) Telephone and Telegraph Company and the Washington Federation of Churches(Persian.) “Abraham Lincoln.” Edited by MohamedM-1798 [Lincoln Farm Association.] “To every loyal The Hon. Alexander Mackenzie: His Life and Times (Classic Reprint) 9/11 - THE SHOW OF THE CENTURY: UNEXPECTED MOTIVES. NEW BACKGROUNDS. FAR-REACHING CONSEQUENCES. whose heart is The Literary Relations of John Evelyn: Thesis Submitted in Partial Fulfillment of the Requirements for the Degree of Master of Arts in English in the ... of Illinois, 1914 (Classic Reprint) love of country, an ideal of good citizenship, and a reverence for the memory of Abraham Lincoln.” E"Col"A Source for the Motto to Poe's 'William Wilson.'" [Reprinted from Modern Language Notes 74:4 (AprM-2599 Porter, AlbertReprinted from The Pacific Da Nang Diary: A Forward Air Controller's Gunsight View of Flying with SOG Review, March, 1936William and Yolanda Butts of Main Street Bestest Dad. Ever.: Lined notebook Books and Manuscripts The Correspondence and Miscellanies of the Hon. John Cotton Smith South Main, Galena, IL 61036), have published book catalog number 2: The Abraham Lincoln and Civil War Collection of Arnold F 48a4f088c3

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Juil - 06:43 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Asylum Index du Forum -> Ambassade Asy -> Relation diplomatique Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation